Experimental College Community Garden

This blog is a virtual community space for the Experimental College Community Garden in Davis, California.

Anyone can rent or sponsor a garden plot at the EC Garden. Plots are 10' x 20' and cost $25/year. The EC Garden is managed according to organic standards. Donations of tools, seeds, service, and supplies are appreciated.

For more information, please contact us at ecgarden@ucdavis.edu or visit our website at experimentalcollege.org.

Monday, December 12, 2005

WOODCHIPS!


Usually, when I hear woodchippers and lawn-mowers in the morning, I turn over in bed and grunt or mumble some muffled explicative. But today I jumped out of bed!



Woodchips have been short recently, because the folks who normally deliver them are afraid that the ground is too wet for their truck - it could get stuck.



I asked the workmen if they'd dump them at the EC Garden, and they were subtly overjoyed - I think it meant a shorter workday. We now have woodchips AND firewood. There are some leaves and logs in the pile, but I think we'll do just fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Haro von Mogel said...

Cool, cool. I guess I'm not able to start posts... although I would like to be able to. I would like to write posts about the Fenstigation (aka fence-tigation), like what's been accomplished and what needs to be accomplished.
Would you folks be able to allow my user to do that?

Monday, December 12, 2005 8:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home